Esklets NOVEMBER Newsletter
· Term Dates – Half term is Monday 29th October until Friday 2nd Nov
Last day of Autumn term is Friday 21st December.
All term dates are on our website and posted in the hall.
· Help Wanted – We would love any volunteers to paint the doors in the new room, make cushions and other sewing jobs. We would also like to hear from any handy people who could help us build a new sensory area in one of the bays at Esklets. Woodwork skills essential!
· Resources wanted – Shoeboxes, an offcut of carpet to cover the steps out of the new room, old CDs, plastic bottles, cardboard tubes (not toilet rolls), old baking trays, old bun trays.
· PRESCHOOL COMMITTEE MEETING – 7.30pm Tuesday 6th November at Fox and Hounds, Ainthorpe. See attached agenda.
· Staff training days – as we follow the local schools opening time Esklets will be closed on Friday 30th November and Monday 3rd December. These are usually spread throughout the year but this year are in the Autumn term. The Government funding covers 38 weeks but the academic year is spread over 39 weeks minus the 5 teacher training days.
· Outing to Flamingo Land Zoo – Tuesday 6th November.
We are going to see the animals at the zoo. Everyone welcome! Bring Grandparents and friends. We will meet at the Zoo car park at 10am. Children under 4 are free and everyone else is £7.50. Please bring a picnic although food will be available to purchase. If it is bad weather we will have preschool as normal. Check with Kate 01287 669607 or look on our facebook page.
· Grand Opening Ceremony of our new room – see fliers.
Please come and join us. Cakes welcome. Ask staff.
· Children under 2years – we are now offering sessions for children from 18months. Please ask staff if you are interested. Tell all your friends.
· Holiday Club – we are planning to hold holiday clubs in the Easter and Summer holidays. These will be for children under school age. However, we work co-operatively with 3 local childminders who can offer holiday care to older children. Please discuss with staff if you may be interested as we need to assess demand in order to plan exactly what we can provide.